Corporate Video covers a massive area, from the established sectors of B2B, B2C and internal comms to the newer concepts of content marketing, influencer marketing and infographics. But some truths about Video apply across all these sectors.
What is Corporate Video good for?
- Firstly - Video is NOT good at delivering loads of detailed information. They are linear so you have to wait until the bit you're interested in comes along and the viewer doesn't even know if it's in there at all. So they stop watching. Websites are better for detailed information where a visitor can sniff out what they're interested in and ignore the stuff they're not.
- Video is very good at getting over a few key points in an impactful way. Getting someone's attention and keeping it long enough to make an impression.
- Video is very good at getting people from 'I don't know anything about this' to 'i need to find out more' in a short space of time. If someone is then actively seeking more information they are much more likely to absorb the details, be receptive to your message and act on it in the way you intended.
- If a video has converted your audience into 'seekers' it has usually done it's job. The rest will be down to your other channels.
The Corporate Video Landscape
- Communications are evolving so that they talk to ever smaller, more specific and targeted audiences. This way you ensure that everyone that sees it is interested in what you're saying - like it was made just for them.
- Audiences have grown up with TV, film, Youtube, Facebook etc. They are sophisticated viewers and if your videos don't meet their expectations they will be ignored.
- The number of channels that you can use to reach huge audiences is multiplying. They all deliver video because that's what their users demand. So the same marketing or comms budget now has to stretch over multiple platforms and keep standards high.
- All these factors together mean making more videos, for more channels, for less money per video.
- The upside is you can now deliver your messages to most of the planet, in numerous different ways - for free!
- Knuckle has addressed this new landscape by offering services designed for it. New kit, multi-skilling and having everything you need in-house keeps standards up and costs down so you can deliver high quality video to specific audiences across your chosen channels.